My first 4 potholders- ignore the wonky  hanging loops

I made these potholders for my grandmas for Christmas. I didn’t really follow any pattern, I just cut  two 20cm (8 inch) squares out of leftover fabric and sandwiched them with two layers of thermolam (Vlieseline 272). For the pockets I used either rectangular 13×20 cm scraps  or triangular pieces half the size of the square and quilted them onto one layer of thermolam.

The only hard part for me was attaching the (selfmade) bias binding. Since this was my first try ever it came out rather wonky (especially the hanging loops). But I decided I dont care- they’re potholders, not wedding dresses.

rectangular or triangular pockets for the hands

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s