My kid’s future daycare needs two laundry bags in order to store additional clothing. I jumped at the oppurtunity to use some of my stashed cottons (both Stoff&Stil) and made two drawstring bags. I used the proposed measurements from this tutorial and sewed up one child sized and one adult sized bag.
The child’s version is excellent but the adult version is quite a bit too big in my opinion. I inserted little loops for the drawstring at the lower corners of the bags because I didn’t like the proposed buttonholes.
The way the bags are constructed according to the tutorial results in 3 channels for the drawstring to run through. On the plus side, this means you have one channel for each drwastring (and an empty middle one), which makes them run smoothly and independently from each other. On the downside, this means there are 4 layers of fabric at the top which makes it impossible to close the top tightly. It’s ok for the mini version, but I can easily put my hand through the opening of the adult version when it is pulled close, which I don’t think is a good idea if you intend to wear this as a backpack. For a laundry bag though it is quite alright.